Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girl's Night Out!

Katie and I usually have a little birthday celebration between her birthday and mine, since they are so close. Last night we had an impromptu "girl's night out". We first went to select a different camera case for the new camera given me by the family for my birthday (early). It's a Sony Cyber-shot 10.1 megapixel dream!

Armed with the new camera we were off on our evening adventure! We stopped to pick up a small case to protect the camera which will live in my purse. Following that we went to Applebee's and had the House Sirloin dinner. It was delicious! Katie had a plain baked potato and I went for the mashed variety and had mushrooms added to my steak. We had fun taking all sorts of wacky photos of the table, our food and ourselves.

Since two babes like us could not be seen in my travel worn Kia we then stopped by the carwash and had all the grime from the Chicago trip washed away. I'm surprised my headlights were still visible through all the bugs; Yuck! Anyway, we drove over to the American Fork Cinema and bought our tickets for that dazzling flick "Mamma Mia!" I honestly do not think I have laughed so much in a film for a long time. It was fun and enjoyable. There were actually a few men in the theater, which was filled nearly to capacity.

As you can see, we really love our shoes! Here we are inside the theater waiting for our mid-birthday celebrating movie to begin!

The movie was so fun and funny we would have to recommend it to women everywhere. Just beware of the galley scene on the boat if you do not want to see the bare backside of a middle-aged man! The movie will be especially enjoyable when shared with a group of your best girlfriends. The only thing that could have made our evening better was to have Christy along as part of our Girl's Night Out.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I guess I never noticed how much you and bug look alike! Love the shoes btw! Happy Birthdy!:) I actually remember your birthday every year, it's just one that has always stuck with me! :)

Katie Blatter said...

Yay!!! It's even fun reading about our night out!