Monday, July 21, 2008

Is Chicago Really MY Kind of Town?

So here we are, having arrived in Chicago after two days of driving. We had a lovely time eating fruit and veg, listening to books on tape the whole way. We stopped in Kearney, Nebraska about midway through the drive to sleep.

Today was the first day of Jeff's conference and I basically stayed in the hotel room all day playing; except for when we were eating the most delicious food! Breakfast for me was normal fare but Jeff had Crab Cakes Benedict. He says they were delicious.

For lunch we headed to The Chicago Firehouse. I had Filet Mignon and it blinded me to what anyone else was eating. It was soooo good! There were also the most delectable au gratin potatoes to accompany the mouth watering meat.

Once the day's sessions and lectures were over we headed to a place called "Catch Thirty-Five". There was a selection of sea food, salads and steaks to choose from. Since I had steak for lunch I opted for a blackened chipotle swordfish dinner. It was delicious as well.

So far, I'd have to say this trip was all about the food! Tomorow I'll be heading out to find the Cook County Vital Records Office. I'd like to search our a few family members while I'm here.

We were able to take these lovely photos of the view from our room today and this evening. As I was lying on the bed reading tonight I heard loud popping from outside and thought it might be fireworks. I was right! I'll try to add to the page as we go along but I'm not that good at remembering to blog and even worse about taking pictures to go along with the stories. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love vacations are all bout the food... otherwise, is it really worth it?

Rella said...

Steph, you are a woman after my own heart!