Friday, August 1, 2008

Things That Go Bump On The Road

What happened was this... When we started home from Nebraska on the last day of our vacation to Chicago the rear end of the car started bouncing a bit. It got worse as we drove along. We thought maybe one of the balancing weights had fallen off.

I forgot all about it on Wednesday and vowed to make an appointment Thursday to take care of it. I forgot. At 4:00 this afternoon I suddenly realized we were going to be driving several hours tomorrow to Idaho and then back again and I really needed to get this problem fixed!

We dropped by Les Schwab Tires and they said they could get it done in an hour. After the hour was up we headed out to get the car and found it was not finished. Apparently there was a problem with the rear tires...

Can you say BALD? Look, you can see the steel belts showing through on both rear tires. Can you imagine how blessed we were not to have a blow out driving 80 miles per hour? My theme song for today would be, "Count Your Blessings".
I was wondering why my tires were sliding on the concrete Freeway whenever I hit a rough spot!

No comments: