Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Legendary!

Have you ever heard of Gino's Pizza? We hadn't either, until we took a ride in a cab the other night. We asked the Cabbie where we could get some real Chicago style pizza and he suggested this place.
"Juno's" he said. He had a thick accent.
"Juno's?" we said.
He replied, "Yes, Juno's."
We asked, "How do you spell that?"
He replied, "Juno's; G-E-N-O".
"Oh, okay, Gino's! Thanks!"

Tonight we went to Gino's East. This may or may not have been the actual restaurant the Cabbie recommended but it was fun and it was good pizza. We took lots of pictures, signed our names on the bench we were sitting on and enjoyed the general chaotic atmosphere of the place.

We chose Gino's Legendary Deep Dish Pizza; a nice blend of cheeses, fresh pizza sauce, Pepperoni, Black Olives and Mushrooms. It was yummy! We had bread sticks and salad to go with it. I had my usual rootbeer to go along with my pizza! What you need to know about Gino's is you should bring something to write with! Bring a permanent marker in a bright color, or chalk or paint or nail polish. It doesn't matter what you bring, just bring something! The brick walls and furniture are covered with "autographs" and Jeff had to add his own touch.

Also, we got a voucher for preferred seating from the concierge at the hotel we're staying at. Without that we would have had to join the huddled masses waiting outside the Legendary restaurant. It's a popular place, believe me! Jeff and I were there with a friend, Jim, who sort-of works with Jeff. They work for the same company, though Jim lives in NY and we live in Utah but they work on the same team within the organization.
We were served by the Legendary Derek who is normally a bar tender at the Legendary Pizza place but is also fills in as one of the Legendary wait staff! As I said, we took a lot of pictures and we could not leave out our server. Here's a shot of the Legendary Derek, cutting our Legendary Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza at the Legendary Gino's East!

Well, what can I say about Gino's?

It's, well, Legendary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even before reading the whole post, I figured the place was lengendary... just by the cabbie's pronounciation. You know if the locals pronounce it wrong, it's gotta be good! P.S. Britex is right off Union Square on Geary Street. It's a block away from Macy's and the parking garage on Geary. P.P.S- One of my favorite memories with you is when you did my hair for my wedding. I just remember being so nervous and excited! You helped calm me down. I will also NEVER forget- the dancing hampster! what can I say, I amm a 'red button kid'...