Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Street Where We Live

I thought it was about time I added some pictures of our home. I love Utah with frosting on it! My favorite pictures of our home and the surrounding landscape also have snow. I'll add a few more pictures here for everyone's enjoyment.
This really is the street where we live. At our end it dead end's into a pasture. Looking south you see the other end of the street ends in a court. It's quite lovely isn't it?
To the right you'll see Jeff walking our beloved pup, Floyd, the first winter we were here. The view is the not quite finished home across the street from us. We didn't have a fence up until much later in the year so Floyd had to go out for his daily constitutional at least twice a day. He was loving it, I have to say! What you may not be able to see in the photo is that he's got black vinyl booties on to keep his little feet from freezing.
This TABLE at the top of the basement stairs was made by Mike for his wife (my daughter) Katie. It stores outdoor slip on shoes and such. It's quite beautiful and shows off some of Mike's wood-working talent! In this next photo you would be standing in the family room. You can see the kitchen, the basement stairs and the hallway to the left goes to the front door entry area. Since I do not want to fill up this posting with photos and make it hectic and confusing I'll let that be the last one for now. I've been working on reworking my Scrapbook workshop and now have my sewing things in there as well. I basically divided it in two halves and will be putting up some shelving for more storage. I'll click a few shots of that room once it's finished and be working on getting some nice pictures of the other rooms as I go.
One more thing... I took Jacob to the dollar movies today to see "Nim's Island". I've seen it once and it was very good. Jacob has been asking me to take him for quite awhile and he enjoyed it as well. Previous to seeing the movie we did have the ever-present previews. One I was particularly interested in is the new Journey to the Center of the Earth starring Brendan Fraser. As the dinosaur was chasing Brendan's character and nearly chomping his backside I asked Jacob if he thought it looked like an exciting movie to which he replied, "Getting ate - not exciting..." I had to agree with him there!

1 comment:

Abby said...

MOM! :)

I didn't know you had one of these thingys too! :) I don't actually I do everything on myspace still.. ANYWAY HI!!! :)