Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Second Wednesday Following The Tuesday When I Posted Last!

So here I am again, just over a week later. I had intended to post more often but I reinjured my back and have been recuperating. No, I don't know how to spell that word so I hope it's okay! Now the thing I did to injure myself, believe it or not, was to bend over the couch where I had Ellie sitting while putting on her socks and shoes. Once I stood up, or rather tried to stand up, the low back pain gripped me and I was done for! I will say since being able to finally visit the Chiropractor on Monday, Tuesday and today I'm feeling much better.

What did we do on the weekend? Jeff, my sister Debbie and I drove to Manti to see the Mormon Miracle Pageant. We really loved it and are so glad we went! We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast, which was actually someone's basement across from the 'real' B&B, had a horrible night's sleep but a wonderful hot breakfast once we got up. We had a nice time together laughing, joking, listening to a book on tape while driving, etc.

I would recommend viewing the pageant to anyone who has been interested in seeing it. Bring a tent and camp overnight in the park. You will appreciate the $5 fee and probably get a better night's sleep than we did! Bring one blanket per person to use while viewing the pageant. Bring mosquito spray! Don't forget or you'll be sorry. You cannot help but be Spiritually touched by the depiction of the story laid before your eyes.

As for this interesting photo, it's an authentic pioneer family dugout. My Great-Great-Grandfather immigrated to the US when he was 13 years old. The family was assigned to the city of Levan and the first winter they spent in the US, in Levan, Utah, was spent in a dugout like this one. It's amazing to know what sort of sacrifices my ancestors made for me to be able to enjoy the blessings of the Gospel in these latter days. I thank them with all my heart and am so grateful for their stalwart example of doing what the Lod asks.


That's it for today. I hope all is well with everyone who is reading this posting today!

No comments: